Places related to Srīpāda: The Maha Samsthanam
“All the places where He moved, or He will move
will be awakened without our knowledge.”
“A great Samsthan in My name will be formed after many hundreds of years.”
At the birthplace of Srīpāda in Pithapuram, there was no more memory for centuries that the incarnation of Lord Dattatreya had happened there in the 14th century. In the last decades, a renaissance came into being with the persistent work of Srī Sajjanagada Ramaswamy, the spiritual head of the Maha Samsthanam temple in Pithapuram.
People knew through the “Guru Charitra” that Srīpāda had lived but nobody knew where. The birthplace was relocated by Vasudevanand Saraswathi (also known as Tembe Swami), and he knew that it will be a global centre. He informed the residents of Pithapuram about the birth of Srīpāda and established Datta Pādukas in the Kukkuteswara Swami temple in 1908. This information again got mostly lost.
In 1966, Srī Sajjanagada Ramaswamy, a disciple of Srī Sreedhara Swamī (born 1925 at Shimoga, Karnataka) came to Pithpuram for the first time. He had been doing intense spiritual practices and had received from an ardent worshipper of Lord Dattatreya the impulse to go to Pithapuram, the birthplace of Srīpāda, to renovate the temple of Dattatreya and propagate the greatness of Srīpāda. Under difficult circumstances, he started renovating the temple and informing the inhabitants. He regularly returned to Pithapuram to organize rituals and celebrations.
With his inspiration, an institution called “Srīpāda Srīvallabha Maha Samsthanam” was formed in Pithapuram. Land was acquired and a temple was completed in 1987. On 22 February 1988, the “pādukas” of Srīpāda were installed there by Srī Sajjanagada Ramaswamy. Later, in 1992, the three idols of Dattatreya, Srīpada, and Narasimha Saraswati were installed in the temple.
Later, more land was acquired and other buildings got established: for feeding the poor and the pilgrims who come in increasing numbers, including facilities for their accommodation; for a cow-shed in the temple premises and other locations. The Samsthanam also conducts numerous worship and service activities like poojas and festivals and publishing of books.
All this has been developed through the relentless activity of Srī Sajjanagada Ramaswamy since 1966. He is the vibrant spiritual head of the Maha Samsthanam. He has also been invited to many places and has inaugurated many other sacred works.
The activities of the Maha Samsthanam are conducted in a spirit of selfless service. On the website of the Maha Samsthanam you find possibilities to give donations for the work.
SRI SRIPADA SRIVALLABHA MAHA SAMSTHANAM
Venu Gopala Swamī Temple Street, Pithapuram - 533 450
East Godavari Dist. (A. P.). Phone +91 (08869) 250300
Statements of Srīpāda about the Maha Samsthanam
- Srīpāda Srīvallabha Maha Samsthan will be established in My name, in the house of My maternal grandfather Srī Bāpanārya, exactly at the place of My birth. During the time of thirty third generation reckoned from you, during the thirty third generation of Srī Bāpanārya, and during the thirty third generation of Srī Narasimha Varma, I will Myself establish My Samsthan making a person belonging to your thirty third generation as an instrument for the purpose.
- “A great Samsthan in My name will be formed after many hundreds of years. My pādukas will be established under the shade of an audumbara tree in My birth place in the house of My maternal grandfather. The images of Mine, the preceding incarnation, and the next incarnation will also be established. I am imparting you with super natural sight. Look!” Saying so, He touched Gurucharan and me at the centre of our eyebrows. We saw that beautiful scene and felt gratified. His Will is superb; His sportive pastimes are strange. When we started He said, “A person of the essential traits of Vasishta will come as a priest for My Samsthan.”
- Above the place where My golden pādukas are established, in the area of the outer crust of the earth, my pādukas will be established in Pīthikapuram. So all of you be happy. In future many wonders will occur. To visit my pādukas in My Maha Samsthan, My devotees will flock there like rows of ants.
- Like rows of ants, millions of devotees and groups of yogis visit My Samsthan. I only will decide about who, when, how many, and in what mode they come. It is utterly false to think that simply because they are residents of Pīthikapuram, they can come to Srīpāda Srīvallabha Samsthan and have dārshan. My grace showers ambrosia on worthy ones. It will be like a mirage to unworthy ones.
- Great personages, great yogis, and people of all countries will come to My darbār to have My dārshan, like rows of ants. They will dance in ecstasy, chanting “Datta Digambarā/ Srīpāda Vallabha Digambarā/ Narasimha Saraswati Datta Digambarā!” The moment I give permission, all due tasks will be done at once. A great Samsthan will be formed in My name. As My influence enhances, it will become difficult to purchase even a small patch of land as small as the foot of a cow. If necessary, I will drag the people holding their hair to Pītikapuram, whom I consider as My own. Without My Will one cannot come to My Samsthan in Pīthikapuram, however rich he might be or however great yogi he might be. This is confirmed and true.
- His divine pādukas will be established in the Maha Samsthan, which is to be founded there in future after some centuries. There the earth becomes alive and gradually enlivens the entire earth. People in those places receiving awakening will be attracted to Pīthikapuram on account of the divine power of attraction. All the places where He moved, or He will move will be awakened without our knowledge. Those who step in those places will be definitely attracted by that divine power.
Back: Pithapuram and Kuruvapuram
- Shankar Bhatt: Srīpāda Srīvallabha Charitāmrutam. Sripada Srivallabha Mahasamsthanam, Pithapuram, India sripadasrivallabhamahasamsthanam
- Srīpāda Srīvallabha Maha Samsthanam: A brief history of Sadguru Sri Sri Sri Sajjanagada Ramaswamy garu, the Pontiff (Peethaadipathi) for Sripada Srivallabha Maha Samshanam (birthplace of Sripada Srivallabha) and the (genesis) formation of Sripada Srivallabha Maha Samsthanam, some important incidents relating to it. (Brochure, without year). Download PDF